Unpaid Fall and Spring Internship Position
The Kofa Foundation has two unpaid internships for self-motivated individuals who can assist with our
development strategies, grant writing, sustaining membership recruitment and retention, and sponsorship
solicitation. The interns will work in partnership with our Executive Director and with our Program/Project
Duties may include, but not limited to the following:
- Coordinating Volunteers
- Overseeing a volunteer recruitment and retention campaign
- Promoting and supporting fundraising events and activities
- Operating our monthly newsletter
- Answering phones and general office work
- Special projects that may arise
- Creative Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Self Motivating
Duration of Internships:
- 2017: September - December
- 2018: January - April
Hours Per Week:
Kofa Foundation Fall 2017 and Spring 2018 Programs and Events:
- Emerging Leaders Program - This program consist of junior high and high school age girls of color and immigrant descent learning about public health issues, civic responsibilities, entrepreneurship, and STEM careers. This program runs throughout the Fall and Spring Semesters.
- 3rd Annual Miss Liberia Minnesota Scholarship Pageant (Saturday September 23rd 2017, 6pm - 8:30pm, Hopkins Center for the Arts)
- Girls Non-Traditional Career Conference (Saturday October 21st 2017)
- Girls Rock!the Capitol (President's Day, Monday February 19th 2018, Minnesota State Capitol Building)
- Girls Non-Traditional Career Conference (Saturday April 7th 2018)
- 2nd Annual Health & Fitness Walk-A-Thon (Saturday April 21st 2018)
Contact us for an interview by August 4th for the Fall Semester, and December 8th for the Spring Semester.
Contact Christie Brandt at firstname.lastname@example.org or (763) 324-7171 to apply.
Become A Volunteer!
We are nothing without our volunteers. They are an integral part of the work we do.
We need volunteers to:
- Join our youth development team
- Serve as advocates
- Assist with educational presentations, workshops, and training
- Help coordinate, and/or volunteer at community events
- Attend community collaborative partnership meetings
- Create brouchures and newsletters
- Develop educational campaigns
- Provide professional videography and photography
- Serve on our fundraising committee
- Host House Parties
- Reach out to donors
- Write Grants
- Assist in a variety of other capacities as needed
We would love for you to join our team. We need your help. Be a volunteer today by sending us a message below!
$45 per child per month is a huge part of what it takes to play a role in a community of caring adults making
sure that none of the children we support in the orphanages are left behind. Your donation of any amount will
make a huge difference in the lives of these children. All donations to Kofa Foundation are tax deductible.
Kindly click on the donate button to start making a difference.
We appreciate your generosity. Thank you!